Terms and Conditions
Terms & Conditions
In order to ensure the smooth running of Buyskop Lodge and to ensure enjoyment by all our guests, rules are applicable to your stay.
We would like to inform you of the following conditions:
1. The person who makes the reservation and/or receives/read these conditions agrees to inform all the members of his group of the conditions and accepts the responsibility to ensure that all the members conform to the stipulations thereof. These terms and conditions are in any event applicable to anybody entering the resort property.
2. Right of admission is reserved. Any person who misbehaves himself/herself to the judgment of the management or any of staff members of Buyskop Lodge, has to leave the premises on request. Admission / accommodation fees will not be refunded.
3. The use of fireworks is STRICTLY PROHIBITED and will result in immediate expulsion from the property and immediate cancellation of the booking, without any refund.
4. The responsibility of proper supervision over babies, toddlers and children rests on the person in whose care they enter the reserve.
5. All facilities on the resort are used at own risk, especially the swimming pool and dams. Buyskop Lodge does not accept responsibility for any injuries or damage which may be a result of utilising the facilities or any other injuries or damage visitors may suffer at the resort. The guest/s further acknowledge that the resort is in a game reserve and as such there are dangerous wild animals such as leopards, snakes, etc resident on the property which risk of injury and death the guest accepts as his/her own risk with no recourse to the owner and/or employee/s of the property and the lodge.
6. Visitors take part in any group activities organised by the lodge (if any) at own risk.
7. Visitors bring their belongings at own risk. The resort is not liable for the theft or loss thereof.
8. Visitors are requested to honour the peace and tranquility of the environment at all times and not to play loud music or musical instruments. After 22:00 there must be absolute silence in the reserve. Guests are specifically prohibited to play any music from a car sound system, whether from a stationary or moving vehicle, no matter what time of the day or night. We wish to emphasise that Buyskop Lodge is not a party spot. If you wish to have a party, rather book somewhere else. No exceptions will be allowed. Buyskop Lodge only caters for people who wish to relax in a tranquil environment while enjoying what nature offers.
9. No eating or drinking is allowed in the swimming pool(s) / jacuzzi. No alcoholic beverages may be taken into the area around the swimming pool(s). No littering of any kind is allowed. No loud shouting or screaming is allowed. Respect nature and the cleanliness of the area.
10. Visitors are responsible for all equipment in the units reserved for them and have to pay for any breakage/damage during their visit. A breakage / key / remote deposit is payable together with the accommodation payment, alternatively upon arrival – R250 per chalet. Visitors are responsible for all damages caused to the property of the lodge. Before departure, hand your chalet keys to responsible employee for refund of you deposit.
11. Please drive carefully on all the roads in the resort and do not exceed 20 km per hour. Children and animals always have right of way. Under no circumstances may any animal be fed!
12. All visitors are asked to immediately report any breakage or fault on/to the premises to management.
13. No discrimination of any kind will be tolerated, including reverse discrimination. No abuse of any kind will be tolerated.
14. No motorbikes, quad bikes or similar vehicles are allowed. Fires may only be made in the braai facilities provided. No wood may be gathered from the property. Bring your own firewood/charcoal, which may also be for sale.
15. Rude language and swearing are not allowed. Any form of conduct by a guest/s, which in the opinion of management compromises the property or enjoyment of the reserve by other guests, will result in immediate cancellation of the booking and expulsion from the property, without any refund.
16. No smoking in the chalets are allowed.
17. No person may remove any object/animal/property from the reserve. No firewood may be collected from the property.
18. Any contravention of any of the conditions contained in this document will result in immediate cancellation of the booking and expulsion from the resort without notice plus possible action for damages.
19. We reserve the right to amend or change these Rules at any time as circumstances dictate.
20. If you wish for your chalet to be serviced during your stay - mornings between 09h00 -11h00 (quick cleanup, bedding, washing of dishes) you may book such service at R50 per service. If guests do not make use of our service, they are responsible for the general cleanliness of the chalets at all relevant times. If you make use of the Lapa area next to Chalet 1, a compulsary cleaning fee of R100 per day is levied.
21. 50% deposit payment of accommodation fees within 24 hours from making the booking, balance at least 14 days prior to arrival - EFT, cash or credit card only. We do not accept cheques, any cheque deposit will be ignored as if never been made, no refunds will be considered and any related bank charges will be debited to the Guest.
22. If your stay is for 5 days or longer, a change of bedding will take place on day 3. Toilet paper will be replenished and the braai area will be serviced daily by our staff.
23. Under no circumstances may any candles be lit!
24. Any relaxation of any of the Rules by any authorised person on behalf of Buyskop Lodge does not mean that a change or relaxation of any Rule has occurred.
25. In the event of a cancellation of your booking, no refunds will be considered.
26. Remember: Acts of God/Natural disasters/Bad weather/etc and the discomfort associated therewith are not within our control! Eskom power outages/terrible cellphone reception/irritating mosquitos/persistent flies/ill behaved neighbours/non-effective government/etc are also not of our making. For any complaints - contact those institutions directly - our cellphones do not accept calls pertaining to the above!
Most important - never, but never loose your sense of humour!!!!