Frequently Asked Questions
1. Where is Buyskop Lodge, Conference and Spa?
We are situated about 5km out of Warmbaths (Bela Bela) on the Nylstroom road. Follow the directions below and you should be fine.
Drive on the N1 towards Bela-Bela (Warmbaths), take the Bela-Bela (R516) turnoff and turn left towards Bela-Bela. After about 8km and at the T-junction (first traffic light) in Bela-Bela turn right on old R101 road and go over the bridge. At the traffic light turn right from Bela-Bela towards Modimole (Nylstroom). From the traffic light (Dros/Engen Garage) follow the tar road for 4.2km only. Small white sign on right - "Buyskop Lodge", cross the railway tracks and turn immediately left. Gate after 200m. Phone 0788171624 for entry. Follow these directions closely, otherwise you will get lost!
2. Does Buyskop Lodge offer self-catering or accommodation with meals?
You can choose between self-catering and meals with your accommodation. The following meal options are to be booked at least 2 days prior to your arrival:
- Breakfast: Fresh seasonal fruit, yogurt, hot breakfast (eggs & protein), coffee / tea & a soft drink with a muffin - R190 per adult and R150 per child (3-12 years old) (served from 8h30 - 10h00)
- Lunch: Light Meal served with a salad, coffee & a soft drink - R250.00 per adult and R150 per child (3-12 years old) (served from 13h00 - 14h00)
- Dinner: Country-style dish of the day served with dessert, coffee & a soft drink - R290.00 per adult and R150 per child (3-12 years old) (served from 18h00 - 19h00)
Dietary requirements (within reason) will gladly be accommodated, please advise at time of booking.
3. What do I need to bring with to Buyskop Lodge?
You need to bring your own towels (bath & swimming), braai wood/charcoal, ice and all personal items such as ironing equipment, hairdryers, 2 point plugs, cell-phone chargers, torch, mosquito repellent, board/card games etc. No need to bring drinking water, our borehole provides deliciously clear and wholesome water on tap!
4. My child is 2 years old, what do you charge for his/her stay?
Kids 0 - 2 years stay for free.
5. My child is 13 years old (or older), what do you charge for his/her stay?
Normal adult rate applies.
6. What are your payment terms?
- 30% deposit payable within 24 hours from making the reservation
- 70% balance payable 14 days prior to arrival
- All reservations are subject to our Terms & Conditions
7. All chalets do have a TV with DSTV and we offer free high speed Wi-Fi in all chalets.
8. What activities do you offer?
At Buyskop Lodge:
- Spa treatments - Baobab Spa at Buyskop Lodge - WhatsApp Theresa for pricing - 082 575 6789
- Relax at our swimming pools - free
- Hiking - put on your hiking boots / tekkies and explore Buyskop on your own - free
- Mountain biking - bring your own bike and ride the 12 km of gravel roads on Buyskop - free
- Game viewing - self-drive or self-walk only - free
- Bird watching - bring your binoculars and view birds in their natural surroundings at Buyskop - free
Outside of Buyskop Lodge:
- Forever Resorts - call 014 - 736 8500 for pricing
- Interaction with elephants - call 014 - 734 7730 for pricing
- Zipline - call 087 802 0087 or 073 591 2280 for pricing
- Thaba Kwena Crocodile Farm - call 073 466 7113 for pricing
- Balloon Safaris - call 011-705 3201 for pricing
- Koro Creek Bushveld Golf Estate - call 014-495 0026 for pricing & reservations
- Bambelela Wildlife Care And Vervet Monkey Rehabilitation - call 083 454 8441 / 014 736 4090 for pricing
- Loebies Predator Park - call 083 374 5254 for pricing - www.loebies.co.za
- Other activities : Contact Bela-Bela Tourism 079 537 1555 for more info
9. Are there wild animals?
Buyskop Lodge boasts beautiful animals such as Giraffe, Impala, Kudu, Bushbuck, Njala, Zebra and various other species. Predators are in the minority on the game farm.
10. Do I have access to the jacuzzi if I have booked a chalet?
Do not confuse the facilities at the Baobab Spa with those offered by chalets. For instance, the jacuzzi is only available to guests who booked Spa / Beauty treatments. You have to specifically book the jacuzzi with your Spa treatments.
11. How do I make a booking at the Spa?
For more information and appointments, call or WhatsApp Theresa on 082 575 6789
12. Where can I make a reservation / make suggestions / lodge a complaint?
Kindly contact Jan on WhatsApp - 0788171624